To give my website a unique user experience I will be incorporating JavaScript with the idea of having the landing page look like in the example I have created below in Photoshop. I will use the jQuery library Ripples in order to make my homepage interactive with a water ripple effect in the background with a plastic bottle floating on top. As the user scrolls down the life cycle of the water bottle begins. http://sirxemic.github.io/jquery.ripples/
I have now finalised the project and create a website which displays the life cycle analysis of a plastic water bottle and then presents the user with a map containing locations of reverse vending machines, and also gives them the option to add their own reverse vending machine location and then share this link.
For my project I want to display information specifically open data that can be gather from the internet including facts about water bottles such as how they are made and what materials, how long they take to degrade and more. Americans buy an estimated 29.8 billion plastic water bottles every year. (Montgomeryschoolsmd.org, 2018) Plastic water bottles can take between 400 and 1,000 years to decompose. (Ellsbury, 2018) It requires 3 times the amount of water to produce a plastic bottle than it does to fill it. (Ellsbury, 2018) It takes 17 million barrels of oil to produce plastic bottles yearly. This could fuel 1 million cars for a year. (Montgomeryschoolsmd.org, 2018) 80% of our bottles are not recycled – they end up in the landfill or are incinerated with other regular trash. (Montgomeryschoolsmd.org, 2018) All plastic that is used for food and drink is brand new plastic – for health reasons we cannot use recycled plastic. (Montgomeryschoolsmd.o...
Comments
Post a Comment