1.0 Introduction

Introduction

This blog is designed to showcase my research, design and development stages through out this project and document my progress. The task for this project is to break apart the life cycle of a plastic water bottle and at the same time present data and statistics in visual form to educate and raise awareness of the increasing plastic pollution problem, I have chosen to make the plastic bottle the main focused of my project and will be conducting further research to aid me in creating a asthmatically pleasing, professional piece of work.

Brief:
Name: PLASTIC

Link: CLICK HERE ​ 

Deadline: OPEN FROM 24TH SEPTEMBER 2018
 11:15PM IST TO 5TH NOVEMBER 2018, 5:00PM GMT


Task:
The task I will be attempting to tackle is that of recycling and I will be doing this by analysing the life cycle of a water bottle in order to educate and raise awareness of the issue at hand. I have highlighted below the section of the brief I am specifically going to tackle, I will be displaying a life cycle analysis of a plastic bottle through the use of a parallax website which will do this in an engaging and interactive manner, throughout the site I will present open data regarding the disposal of plastic bottles, plastic pollution and where the pollution ends up, I will also be discussing the prolonged biodegrading period. I will also provide a solution or ways in which the user can help fight against this global crisis as it does not only extend to the environment but also the wild life, I read an article from the Washingtonpost "By 2050, there will be more plastic than fish in the world’s oceans, study says."(Kaplan, 2018) This is a scary statistic, and there are already cases where plastic pellets have been found in fishes from our oceans, in turn we are then digesting this plastic causing unknown harm to our bodies. I call this karma.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18.0 Conclusion on Reserch

16.0 OpenLitterMap

17.0 Finalised Concept